What is MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Therapy (Multiwave Locked System Therapy): MLS Therapy is a type of medical treatment that uses a specific patented combination of wavelengths of light, including both pulsed and continuous light, to treat pain, inflammation, and edema (swelling). It’s often used for musculoskeletal conditions, such as arthritis, tendonitis, and other joint or muscle-related issues. MLS Therapy is primarily used in a clinical or therapeutic setting under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
At Korwitts Chiropractic, we use MLS Laser with our patients to help with decreasing inflammation and also to speed up the healing process. Using this cutting-edge modality adds extra healing power to chiropractic adjustments. And MLS Laser can also be used independently on an area of the body where there has been a recent injury or even a surgical procedure. For instance, MLS laser often works well “pre” and “post” joint replacement surgery.
Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
- Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speed up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenisis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels (increase blood flow).
- Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impairs limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell re-connection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
- Immunoregulations: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP, which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Interested in MLS® Laser Therapy?
If you are interested in learning more abour MLS® Laser Therapy, schedule a consultation today so the Korwitts Chiropractic team can assess your needs and see if it is a fit for your health care plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
MLS® Laser Therapy Testimonials
Hear what patients are saying about MLS Therapy at Korwitts Chiropractic.